Our governing document rewrite program is available to small and
large homeowner associations anywhere in California. Payment plans are
available. Our service can also be provided without regard to legal
work being handled by other attorneys.
The program consists of the following steps:
- We review your existing governing documents to determine the need for CC&Rs and Bylaws
- We, then, quote a fixed fee for rewriting your documents
without any obligation to your association up to this point.
- If your association wants to proceed, we will prepare a
retention agreement for your signature and will request a check
for 50% of the quoted fee.
- Upon receipt of the signed retention agreement and check, we
will review an extensive survey form with your board or revision
committee and will then prepare the initial draft of the
- We then confer with your board (or revision committee), as
necessary, to discuss and revise the documents, and to discuss the
- Upon approval by the board, we will meet with your homeowners
in person to review the documents, answer questions and discuss the approval
process. If a personal meeting is not practical, we will be available by telephone to answer
any questions, all included in the fixed fee.
We also provide a step-by-step set of written instructions on
how to get owner approval, provide a sample ballot and explain what
is required before the new governing documents become effective.
Upon final approval, we will arrange to have the new CC&Rs
recorded with the office of the County Recorder. See our
CC&Rs Amendments - Restatement Checklist and
CC&Rs - Bylaws Q and A.
Please contact us with any homeowner association or other legal questions.
There is never a charge for the initial consultation concerning
any legal matter.
All contents ©2018 MTCLaw.com. All rights reserved.