Our governing document rewrite program is available to small and large homeowner associations anywhere in California. Payment plans are available. Our service can also be provided without regard to legal work being handled by other attorneys.

The program consists of the following steps:

  1. We review your existing governing documents to determine the need for CC&Rs and Bylaws revisions.
  2. We, then, quote a fixed fee for rewriting your documents without any obligation to your association up to this point. 
  3. If your association wants to proceed, we will prepare a retention agreement for your signature and will request a check for 50% of the quoted fee.
  4. Upon receipt of the signed retention agreement and check, we will review an extensive survey form with your board or revision committee and will then prepare the initial draft of the documents.
  5. We then confer with your board (or revision committee), as necessary, to discuss and revise the documents, and to discuss the approval process.
  6. Upon approval by the board, we will meet with your homeowners in person to review the documents, answer questions and discuss the approval process. If a personal meeting is not practical, we will be available by telephone to answer any questions, all included in the fixed fee.

We also provide a step-by-step set of written instructions on how to get owner approval, provide a sample ballot and explain what is required before the new governing documents become effective.

Upon final approval, we will arrange to have the new CC&Rs recorded with the office of the County Recorder. See our CC&Rs Amendments - Restatement Checklist and CC&Rs - Bylaws Q and A.

Please contact us with any homeowner association or other legal questions. There is never a charge for the initial consultation concerning any legal matter.


All contents ©2018 MTCLaw.com. All rights reserved.